Put April 26, 2009 on your calendar in big red letters! That’s the date of the 2009 More half-marathon in New York City’s Central Park. Runners, walkers, and everyone in-between is welcome to participate in this event that is designed for women over 40. If you’re under 40 and female, you can still participate by partnering with a woman over 40. Guys, you’re out of luck!
50 women have joined the Training for More program – so far! We’re just getting into the training schedule, and it’s not too late to join. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll fill you in on all the details.
Why participate in the Training for More program?
– improve health and fitness
– stay active throughout the winter
– achieve a personal goal to walk or run a half-marathon
– start a walking or running program
– have fun with other women
What does the Training for More program include?
– scheduled group training sessions at a variety of days and times throughout the week
– training routes primarily in the Manchester, VT area
– personalized information to help you walk or run safely
– nutrition and hydration guidance
– suggestions on shoes, socks, mittens, hats, and other types of active clothing
Frequently asked questions
What if I’ve never run before?
You’re not alone! You can start out walking, and if you want to try running I’ll help you gradually incorporate running into your training sessions.
I’m really slow; is there a time limit?
There’s no speed requirement in the training sessions or the day of the race. By following the training program, you’ll increase your speed. We make sure that everyone trains at a pace appropriate for them.
How far is a half-marathon?
A half-marathon is 13.1 miles, and believe me, that final .1 is important! We’ll begin our training with 3 miles, and gradually work up to walking or running 13 miles. It’s not that far when you’re with other women, talking and having fun!
How do we get to NYC for the race?
Last year we rented a travel bus, and if there’s interest we’ll do the same for 2009. The bus picked us up in Manchester, took us to the race expo and then to our hotel. They also took us to the pasta dinner the night before the race, made sure we arrived at the race with plenty of time to spare on race day, and then brought us back to the hotel so we could shower before the bus drove us back to Manchester. We had a great time on the bus and it’s definitely the way to travel!