Jan 08 2011
“Hey Mom, let’s make stew together for dinner!”
These words from our younger son warm my heart, just as the soup will warm all of our bellies come dinner time. Nate loves to cook, and living in an apartment at college this year, he’s developed some new skills. While he was home recently, we made beef stew together, using this awesome recipe from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln extension program.
Things we love about stew:
- you can include a bunch of veggies
- we finish it in the slow-cooker, which makes meal prep a snap
- the leftovers taste even better the second day!
- it fits a college student’s grocery budget
- it’s filling, delicious, and healthy!
Making - and eating - soup together is a wonderful family activity. If you haven’t tried it lately, dust off your favorite family soup recipes or use these seven simple soup recipes Make sure you sit together and enjoy the finished product. You’re not only creating a healthy meal, you’re creating lasting memories.